TD314 was built at Castle Bromwich in late 1944 and fitted with a Merlin 70 as a High Level Fighter (HFIXE).
She was delivered to 33 MU at Lyneham on 30th March 1945, transferring later that month to 30 MU before a further move to 6 MU where she was prepared for service with 183 (Gold Coast) Squadron at Chilbolton on the 24th June 1945.
In July 1945 she moved to 234 (Madras Presidency) Squadron at Bentwaters.
Whilst with 234 squadron it is possible that TD314 took part in the 1945 Battle of Britain flypast over London.
In early 1948 TD314 was selected as one of the 136 Spitfire IXs to be sold to the South African Air Force.
Details of her use with the SAAF are not known but she was sold for scrapping to the South African Metal & Machinery CO, Salt River, Cape Town, sometime during 1954.
She remained in the scrap yard until recovered in 1969. From there she passed through the hands of several owners before arriving in the UK via Canada in 2009.
Acquired by Aero Legends in 2011, restoration commenced at Biggin Hill culminating in a first flight on the 7th December 2013.
TD314 has been named “St. George” which is prominently displayed on the fuselage.
*Prices quoted for individual sale only. Multiple purchase postage costs may vary.